Abel and Mabel, distributed by AbelSim Ltd., are
bell ringing simulator programs. They are widely used by ringers
with Windows PCs and Apple Macs,
to practise tower bell and handbell ringing at home and in towers.
You can use Abel to:
- Practise ringing and conducting from the keyboard
- Ring any method, on any number of bells from 3 to 24
- Practise calling and ringing Call Changes
- Splice up to 100 methods
- Ring tower bells or handbells, using real bell sounds - you can add
your own recordings, too
- Print methods and touches
- Vary the quality of the striking, and get reports on the accuracy of
your own striking
- Connect to sensors on tower bells or handbells - so you can ring
realistically, and even have truly 'silent' practices
Mabel can do all these except the last two.
Abel Home Page
What users say...
Profits from the sale of Abel and Mabel go to charities, including bell restoration.